Dragon Tiger is an incredibly easy card game to learn and play. Given that the game requires punters to predict whether the Dragon or Tiger will receive the stronger hand, this fast-paced card game keeps players on their toes as they place bets and sit back to have the outcome revealed.
As with Baccarat, players place bets on the outcome of which game character will win the round much like the Baccarat’s Banker and Player. As each character is dealt a single card, establishing which character has received the stronger hand is a simple matter of reading the card value as it stands.
What are the values of each card in Dragon Tiger?
Aside from Jack, Queen and King, the card values in Dragon Tiger start at Ace being equal to 1. The cards continue the way through to the 10 playing cards being valued at 10. Jack is valued at 11, Queen at 12 and King at 13.
While games like Baccarat and Blackjack require punters to quickly calculate the value of each hand as they add card values together, Dragon Tiger cards are much easier to read.
Which character should I bet on in Dragon Tiger?
In a game where the main bet choices are Dragon, Tiger, or Tie, betting that either the Dragon or Tiger will receive the stronger hand comes down to a choice that can be very random. There is a 50/50 chance of correctly predicting the outcome and, as such, the house edge is almost identical.
As each character receives a single card, there is a chance that both characters can receive cards of the same value. By betting on a Tie, you stand the chance of receiving up to 11 times your stake for the correct prediction.
The house edge, or casino advantage, on a Tie bet is over 30%, which should be carefully considered.
What about side bets?
Side bets can add value to the game of Dragon Tiger when game dynamics cause more adrenaline-fueled players to lose interest. While the simplicity of the game makes it incredibly easy to play, the thrill of choosing the outcome between Dragon, Tiger or Tie can feel predictable.
Depending on the Dragon Tiger variant offered, side bets can add up to 8 more options for players to bet on:
- Tiger Red
- Tiger Black
- Dragon Red
- Dragon Black
- Tiger Big
- Tiger Small
- Dragon Big
- Dragon Small
These bets are placed in addition to the main bets, subject to the variant of the game played.
Playing cards are split in half by colour as punters place a side bet as to whether the Dragon or Tiger will receive a card that is Red (Hearts or Diamonds) or Black (Spades or Clubs).
In the standard colour side bet, the suit doesn’t affect the outcome. However, a few variations of the game can offer players the chance to bet on a suited Tie – which is when each character receives a card in the same colour and suit.
When you are offered the option of betting on the suit that will be dealt, you can select 3 out of 4 of the suits and place your side bets accordingly.
In Dragon Tiger, placing a side bet that the card received will be “Big” or “Small” comes down to whether the card will have a value greater than 8 (Big – 8, 9, 10, Jack, Queen, King) or less than 7 (Small – Ace, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6).
Playing cards with a value of 7 fall between Big and Small values so punters who have chosen this side bet, don’t profit should this card get dealt.
What are the payouts for each Dragon Tiger bet?
Place a bet on Dragon or Tiger to receive a 1:1 payout on a successful prediction. Should you bet on a Tie, you win 50% of your stake.
Successfully betting on a Tie will earn you between 8:1 and 11:1 should both the Dragon and Tiger receive cards of identical value.
Side Bet Payouts
Big/Small: Placing a bet that predicts whether the Dragon or Tiger will receive the larger or smaller value card can earn you a payout of 1:1 as long as the 7 card isn’t dealt.
Hearts/Diamonds/Spades/Clubs: Betting on up to 3 out of 4 of these outcomes will pay 3:1 on any successful prediction.
Which Dragon Tie strategies will lead to a win?
Even though Dragon Tiger tables make use of multiple decks and shuffling machines, playing the game and keeping track of the cards dealt can aid in making a better decision. Checking to see how many 7s have been dealt, for example, can encourage you to adjust your bets accordingly and result in more frequent positive outcomes.
Where the option to place side bets on the suit is available, you can increase your chance to win the hand by paying attention to trends and using this information to predict which suit will be dealt next.
In both of these strategies, time is of the essence as playing for an extended period will equip you with the data needed to inform each choice.
Will using a betting system have a positive impact on Dragon Tiger?
Ideally, when it comes to gambling, we’d all prefer to walk away with more than what we started with. All betting strategies rely on you placing bets for an extended period of time and can benefit those who are prepared to commit to playing Dragon Tiger for a few hours.
The Martingale Strategy will have you doubling your stake after each unsuccessful round with the idea that if you stick to your guns, you will recoup any losses and receive a small profit through the increasing of your bet.
By doubling your stake, you are statistically more likely to profit through your wins.
This betting strategy is a variation of the Martingale in the sense that it works on the principle of increasing the bet by just one unit, rather than doubling your stake.
Each betting strategy is built with the view of giving players the best chance of walking away with a profit.
The anti-Martingale strategy suggests that you double your stake after each win. Also known as the Paroli betting system, this allows you to, in essence, bet using the casino’s money through your wins and stretch your bankroll to last a while longer.
Essentially, both of these strategies are money management strategies rather than game-specific strategies which means that they can be applied to almost any casino game.
How can I be sure that Dragon Tiger is being played safely and fairly?
All online casino operators featured on this site are licensed, regulated and reputable and only offer live casino games supplied by award-winning and world-class casino game software providers.
As such, all the casino games made available by these casino operators are carefully and thoroughly tested regularly by an independent 3rd party agency to guarantee that they are all fair and payout as they should. By making use of one of our recommended online casinos, you can be assured that Dragon Tiger isn’t rigged and plays as it should.
How do I find a trustworthy casino operator?
With the frequency at which new online casino operators appear on the horizon, it can be tricky to pick a new online casino to suit your needs. Here are a few elements we consider when recommending a reputable casino and using these guidelines will go a long way in helping you to find them for yourself:
- Licensed – By scrolling to the bottom of the online casino website, you can view the details of the gambling license held. There are over 10 gaming commissions located all over the world however the most popular are:
- Audited – Each of the above gaming authorities ask casino operators to have their businesses audited regularly to confirm that fair business practices are in place and payouts have been verified.
- Secure – Reputable online casinos go the extra mile to keep account holders safe by adding Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. This bank-level encryption ensures that players personal or financial details are kept away from prying eyes and is only accessed by those who are authorized to ensure that payments are completed successfully.
What should I look for in a good online casino?
Now that you have found out how to confirm that a casino operator is reputable, what else should you look for to ensure you have selected an outstanding online casino? Here are 5 elements we rank highly when it comes to choosing a new online casino operator:
- User-friendly interface – The casino needs to be easy to understand and effortless to navigate. Given how busy life is, having a mobile responsive online casino website is the industry standard to ensure the site works as it should when viewed on an Android or IOS smartphone or tablet.
- Extensive game catalogue – Having a wide range of casino games is essential for a comprehensive casino experience. Every online casino should update their game catalogue frequently to offer the latest and greatest slot, live casino and table games.
- Exceptional selection of casino game software providers – While the range of games is vitally important, online casinos who have their casino games powered by a wide range of casino game developers ensure that their game catalogue is kept updated regularly. By making use of award-winning and world-class game developers, you can rest assured that the games play well and payout as they should.
- Welcome package – Online casinos are known for sweetening the deal at every possible moment to ensure that you feel appreciated and keep visiting the site to play. Equivalent to walking into a retail store and being handed a gift at the door simply for crossing the threshold, casino welcome bonuses go the extra mile to guarantee the creation of an account and the purchase of casino credit.
- Customer support – With live chat available directly on the casino website and access to a well-trained support team through phone and email for more detailed queries, you have the opportunity to ask questions, gain clarity and access support throughout your online casino experience.
By making use of these tips and tricks, you can rest assured that you are fully equipped to try your hand at Dragon Tiger by visiting one of our recommended online casinos today. This easy card game is a great introduction to games like Baccarat and Blackjack and can act as a great confidence booster for any player who is looking to try something new.