- The Selection of Games on Offer
- Casino Promotions, Bonuses and Offers
- Site Design, Speed and Responsiveness (mobile games)
- Easy Sign-up, Deposit and Withdrawal Procedures
- Online Support and Customer Service
- Safety and Security (Responsible Gambling)
What is a Live Casino Game?A Live Game is a casino game played in real-time via a webstream. It’s a new way to play and gamble without leaving the comfort of your home and combines the best features of real-life and online gambling. Instead of using automated games software, Live Games are controlled by the dealer (as with original style casino games) who connects with players via video feed. Players interact by typing their messages and the dealer responds verbally. As the game is played directly in front of players, the dealer controls the gameplay, instead of a Random Number Generator (as in non-live casino games). This brings you closer to the action and resembles the gameplay in a brick and mortar casino, which many players prefer. Adding even more excitement, Live dealer games can also be in the form of a Casino Stream, such as the Dragonara Casino, who hosts Roulette from their real casino hall and facilitates online players to join the table!
Live Dealer VS RNG Casino Games: What’s the Difference?Live Dealer Games are exploding with popularity and many players are switching over from their regular Random Number Generator (RNG) casino tables and going live for greater excitement, interaction and thrills. Here are the key differences between the two types of game:
|Live Games||RNG Games|
|Chat and interact with the dealer and your environment as you play||Play directly against the game software without the presence of other players or a dealer.|
|The dealer controls the gameplay, so you have less control over the speed. However, as games are played in real-time (instead of using automated software) the player gets to see all of the action.||The game outcomes are created by the RNG, not a dealer.|
|There are fewer Live Games as they are as costly to make and a newer addition to the casino but they offer arguably better gaming and are on the rise.||There is a huge range of RNG casino games and many software providers to pick from.|
|Enjoy all the sights and sounds of a real-life casino through the studio setup or Casino Stream.||Play without interaction from the dealer or background noise and control the sounds as you play.|
|Table limits tend to be between 10p to £50,000.||Table limits are lower than with Live Dealer Tables and it is common to see limits of 10p to £5,000 (unless you have access to high roller variants).|
Most Popular Classic Casino Live Dealer GamesCasino classics like card games and tables form the majority of Live Dealer Games, but as the popularity of Live Games has grown, so has the investment and innovation into the development of new or ‘next-gen’ games.
BlackjackBlackjack and Roulette are the most popular Live Games so you’ll find the most variants of this type. Blackjack is also known as 21, it is a classic card game and a casino staple. You can opt to play several different variants of Online Blackjack, but you will always play directly against the dealer. To win, all you need to do is beat the dealer’s hand, being the nearest to 21, without going over. Live Casino players can opt from many different styles of Live Blackjack Tables including NetEnt’s Perfect Blackjack (which will teach you Blackjack hands as you play), Blackjack Party and Silent Blackjack from Evolution Gaming and more classic variants from Pragmatic Play and Playtech.
RouletteLive Roulette offers a unique and innovative take on this game with loads of different variants available. To play, take your seat at the table, stake a bet on which number or colour you think the Roulette ball will land on when dropped onto the spinning Roulette wheel and await the outcome. Live Roulette offers very exciting and more unusual variants of Roulette to play like Blaze (this is speed Roulette with only 35 seconds between rounds), Lightning Roulette (blending Live and RNG gameplay this variant is highly popular and looks great), Double Ball, Speed and American Roulette.
PokerPoker is a skill-based casino classic that asks players to up the ante, make the highest hands and beat the table. Live Poker is widely popular with players as it brings them closer to the suspense and action than ever before. Opt to play exciting variants like Live Ultimate Texas Hold’em, 2 Hand Hold’em, Side Bet City, 3-card Poker and Caribbean Stud amongst others.
BaccaratMade famous by 007, Baccarat is a smooth and classic card game where the players go head to head against the Bank to make the best hand. Offering simple gameplay and both high and low stake tables players can opt for Live VIP Baccarat, Speed (taking just 21 seconds per round), Squeeze (offering 15+ camera angles and focusing on the squeeze), No Commission and even Dragon Tiger!
Get Inside World-Class Casinos with Live StreamsWhen it comes to the casino classic games and tables players can even opt to play via Live Casino stream instead. The difference is that you’ll be playing alongside real players in a brick and mortar casino. The gameplay is transmitted via video stream which allows online players to join in. Keep in mind, that unlike Casino Streams, other real-time games are filmed in a studio so a Casino Stream brings online players into well-known worldwide casinos and is as close to the action as you can get without hitting the road and heading to the casino yourself. The following casinos offer Live Casino Stream Games:
- Dragonara Casino
- Hippodrome Casino
- Grand City
- Atlantic City
- And Portomaso Casino
Increase the Excitement with Next-Gen GamesAs well as covering the casino classics and card tables, with the growing popularity of Live Casino Games, there’s been a big increase in the types of Live Game you can play. Evolution Gaming is at the forefront of the push to new types of games, which they’ve aptly coined Next-Gen Games. These are styled more around gameshows, with energetic hosts and mix augmented reality with live gameplay.
- Deal or No Deal: Based on the hit Channel 4 game show, this game gives you the chance to test your attitude to risk whilst hunting down the jackpot prize, but will you take the deal or risk everything and go for gold?
- Monopoly Live: Love it or hate it in the original form, Monopoly Live is unmissable as a modern game. Reinventing the childhood favourite, players can win real cash whilst they work their way around the city streets, collecting rent and winning prizes.
- Dream Catcher: Played with full gameshow ambience, Dream Catcher, is a money wheel where you bet on the outcome of the spin. Similar to Roulette, but offering fewer outcomes and so higher chances of winning, this game is fantastically fun so be sure to take it for a spin!
- Football Studio: This game mixes virtual sports, cards and commentary in simple gameplay that asks players to bet on the home or away team. With easy rules and fun bets, this game is perfect for football fans!
- Lightning Dice: This is a one-of-a-kind game that appeals to all types of players and offers up to 1000x multipliers! The gameplay is simple; a dice is dropped into the lightning tower by the host and the players have to bet on the outcome (which section the dice will land in at the bottom of the tower)- easy peasy!
Pick Your Favourite Provider: Who Makes Live Casino Games?Developers of Live Casino Games are either sole producers and specialists of this type of game (they make no other type of casino games) or they are iGaming studios that produce all types of casino games and have a real-time section. NetEnt Live, Playtech and Pragmatic Play are examples of the latter, whilst Evolution Gaming and Ezugi are specialists of Live Dealer Games online. When it comes down to picking a Live Games provider, you’ll instantly notice that Evolution Gaming is the most popular and available option, but it is important to try out other styles too as the game choice, studio, dealers and limits all vary between companies and the differences are vast. Find out more in our Live Casinos Software Guide!
How Do Live Dealer Games Work?Live Games work by providing you with nail-biting close-ups, 4k streams and live interaction from the dealer. Just like when you play in a brick and mortar casino, Live Games play out in front of players, who connect via a live stream and use software to lay their bets/make game moves. The dealer is in charge of running the game and they are incredibly skilled as not only are they controlling the outcomes, but they are also taking on the role of host and providing entertainment and interaction. Live Dealers are fluent not only in the game rules but also in multiple languages so games can be run in a player’s native tongue. Players interact with the dealer/s via instant messenger and the dealer replies verbally so although you will never know there is another player at the table, you will hear the dealer respond to each player’s chat. Every move made on the table is computed as data. Each move is tracked by sensors, chip trackers and barcodes to enable the player’s interface to offer them the appropriate game options whilst they play. Live Dealer Games are fewer than other types of casino games as they require considerable investment in technology (cameras, software ext), studios and dealers. As all games are filmed from real-life studios across the world, each software studio has its own setup, game vibes and technology specifications, which creates lots of different variants for players to enjoy. However, the key to Live Dealer Studios are:
- Cameras: Usually a real-time casino table will have several different cameras set up. This ensures that the players get the best action shots and close-ups during the gameplay. The streams are high quality, providing the sharpest action, but are also data-heavy.
- Game Control Unit: This encodes the video as it is broadcast and makes it possible for players to partake in the action as their game interface offers their next move. Every Live Table has a GCU without it it is not possible to play. For example, a sensor in the Roulette wheel registers where the ball lands; this data is computed by the GCU when a card is drawn in Poker the GCU unit registers the barcode and so on.
- Casino Equipment: For each game, real casino equipment is used such as a Roulette wheel, a Poker shoe and so on!
- Dealers: Last, but never least each game has either one or multiple dealers acting as the host.
Live Dealer Strategy and Top 5 TipsAs real-time games better mirror the original gameplay (pre-computer software) they offer a greater chance to use game strategy. If you’re a new player, use these top tips to help you play, but make sure to do further research, especially if you are playing a game of skill.
- Always play with a Casino that we recommend to ensure you get top-notch gaming experience.
- As many Live Dealer Games are either games of skill or new games you must know the rules before you play. This is the number one way to ensure you win more and lose less. When it comes to games of skill like Poker and Blackjack this is especially important as your skill as a player directly affects the outcome of the game.
- Live Casino Games online use a lot of data so make sure you are either connected to the internet or have plenty of mobile data and a good connection. You can’t win the game if your data cuts out halfway through a round!
- Always be polite to the dealer or may just lose your seat at the table.
- Play the highest paying game. Just like in all areas of the casino there are games with higher RTP’s and lower. Make sure you take a look at each variant of the game you want to play and compare the RTPs across different studios before opting in. Currently, the highest paying Live Casino Games online are Infinite Blackjack (99.56%) and Live Speed Baccarat (98.94%) from Evolution Gaming.