When playing online casino games, all the processes at the casino sites must be streamlined for customer usability. One of the most important parts of the entire process is being able to make seamless money transactions to and from the platform to both top up your casino account and withdraw your winnings.
There are some tremendous payment solutions on the market, but few rank higher than PayPal in our books, especially for Irish players.
The level of security and convenience offered by the service is simply outstanding. At Livecasino.ie, we call all PayPal supporting casinos PayPal Casinos. Such is the quality of their service, that they deserve special mention in our casino section.
What is PayPal?
PayPal is an innovative e-wallet payment solution that is designed with the specific intention of streamlining online payments to various stores and vendors across the globe.
It provides you with one central digital account that you can use to do all your internet shopping, without you having to use your debit or credit card each time. This way, you can store all your data in one safe place instead of spreading it across many interfaces on the internet.
E-wallets are known for their speedy transactions, and PayPal follows suit. As the leading electronic payment solution in the world, it is geared for customer safety and convenience.
The solution is easy to use and can be topped up from your bank account or via a credit card. In fact, you can link your card to your e-wallet so that it can automatically draw from your available funds without the need for a constant top-up. This is next-level convenience!
Online casinos usually provide several payment solutions for their clients to use, but you will only find PayPal at the best ones. The brand is dedicated to associate with select operators that run legitimately ethical businesses only, which means that you can feel safe where you see the PayPal branding.
While Americans, Canadians, and Australians should look to other reputable solutions for gambling deposits, Irish players can conveniently use this fine service in the gambling world.
What are the advantages of using PayPal?
There are so many great benefits to using PayPal at casino sites:
- Familiarity: So many people are already familiar with how PayPal works, making it the natural choice to fund their casino account.
- Fast Transfers: As an e-wallet, PayPal is engineered for fast transactions. Deposits are instant and withdrawals will usually process quickly as well.
- Safety: It provides a safe buffer between you and the casino.
- Easy to link: PayPal links easily with all sorts of card types and bank accounts.
The above perks represent all the ideal traits that you, as an avid online gambler, want and need from a payment solution. You want to be able to simply enjoy your gaming entertainment in the assurance that the provider is protecting your interests.
Can I use PayPal safely?
PayPal is renowned for its industry-leading safety protocols. Not only is the method secured by Secure Socket Layer encryption from end to end, but it provides its customers with additional securities too, including buyer protection.
This protection protocol will safeguard you against unauthorised use of your e-wallet and other fraud interventions on your account arising from identity theft et al. This means that you will not be left out of pocket if something goes awry.
PayPal is conveniently password secured. As long as the key is strong and you do not share it, your account will remain safe. Fortunately, PayPal can provide you with additional protection tools, such as notifications on all purchases and 2-factor authentication before validating transactions.
Can I use PayPal conveniently on my smartphone?
One of the greatest conveniences offered by PayPal is that you can download the app on your Android or iOS mobile device and manage your account from your pocket. This is an awesome tool if you are playing on your phone or tablet. It means that you can manage your entire casino experience from your palm.
When transacting from your mobile, you can set 2-factor authentication codes to be sent to you via SMS as an added layer of security for each purchase. The mobile app will give you access to the full selection of tools available to you on your PC interface and more.
For instance, you can set up TouchID on your mobile so that instead of inputting your password each time you log in, you can simply use your fingerprint to gain access effortlessly.
What games are available at PayPal casinos?
PayPal is reserved for the best Irish casinos, which means that you can expect to play only the best casino games from the top-rated software providers. These fine studios might include brands like NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, Red Tiger, Evolution Gaming, Pragmatic Play, NYX Gaming, Playtech, Yggdrasil, Thunderkick, and many, many more.
Game selections will most often include:
- A wide variety of exciting online slot games
- Table Games like blackjack, baccarat, poker, and roulette
- Live Casino Games, including live dealer card games, roulette, and other gameshow titles
- Video Poker games
- Other Instant Win Games like Keno, Bingo, etc.
Match your mobile PayPal experience with an instant-play mobile casino operator for the best ‘on the go’ entertainment experience too!
Can I claim casino bonuses with PayPal?
Unlike e-wallets such as Skrill and Neteller, PayPal can be used at most supporting casinos to deposit when claiming bonuses. The payment method is casino friendly, in the fact that it adheres to a high standard of anti-money laundering and anti-fraud protocols.
All the best PayPal casinos will offer you a fine array of bonus options, including:
- Welcome Offers
- Reload Bonus Offers
- Free Spin Bonuses
It is not uncommon for PayPal casinos to grant exclusive bonuses to players who deposit with the solution.
How do I open a PayPal account?
To get started in the world of PayPal casinos will, you will need to register a PayPal account. This is an easy process which we will help you through below.
- Head to PayPal.com and click on ‘Sign-Up’ at the top right of the screen.
- Select ‘Personal Account’ as your preference.
- Enter your valid mobile number so that PayPal can verify your number.
- Confirm your phone number by entering the code they send you via SMS into the available field provided.
- Fill in your email address, name, and create a strong user password to protect your account. Press ‘Next’
- Finally, complete the contact submission form with your ID details, nationality, and residential address. Click on ‘’Agree and Create Account’’ at the bottom of the page to complete the process.
Once you have registered your account, you can head to the iStore or Google Play Store to download the mobile app. To activate the app, simply login with your particulars and you can get going straight away.
How do I open my Casino Account?
Once you have your PayPal account up and running, the next thing you will need to do is register an account at your favourite Irish Paypal Casino. This is usually an easy three-step process.
- Head to the casino site and click on ‘Register’ or ‘Sign-Up’.
- Fill in the contact submission with your particulars. Create a strong password to protect your account.
- Once the details are filled in, accept the terms & conditions, and register your account.
Once your account is up and running, you will be able to claim your Welcome Bonus, make a deposit, and play your favourite casino games.
How do I make a casino deposit with PayPal?
Now that you have your PayPal and casino accounts ready, you can marry the two on the operator site by making your first deposit. To do this effortlessly, follow the easy guide below:
- Log in to your online casino account.
- Head to the cashier page and click on Deposit.
- Select PayPal as your preferred method on the dropdown menu.
- Select the specific amount you wish to deposit.
- Sign-in to your PayPal account and authenticate the payment effortlessly.
The funds should be available in your account immediately. Once a positive balance is reflecting, you can start betting on all your favourite online slots or table games.
How do I make an effortless withdrawal of my winnings with PayPal?
Claiming your withdrawal payout at the casino is also a seamless affair when PayPal is your method of choice.
- Log in to your online casino account
- Head to the cashier page and select ‘Withdrawal’ to claim your winnings.
- Select PayPal as your preferred payout method
- Select the amount you wish to receive (up to €10,000 per transaction)
The casino will pay you out in due time if your wagering requirements have been fulfilled on any bonuses you may have claimed and if the amount requested falls within the minimum and maximum withdrawal brackets.
What other banking options are similar to PayPal?
There are several top-notch e-wallets available for Irish players to use at casinos. Many of these provide very similar services to that of PayPal and may appeal to you more. These include:
- Skrill: Previously known as Moneybookers, Skrill provides a cost-effective e-wallet service to Irish players. Deposits and withdrawals happen in real-time for ultimate customer satisfaction.
- Neteller: Neteller has earned a great reputation in e-wallet circles among gamblers. It is a popular banking method in regions where Paypal does not operate.
- EcoPayz: A relative newcomer to the market, ecoPayz has already earned itself a solid reputation. It offers a diversity of products including an e-wallet account and prepaid card services for those who want to make online purchasing seamless.
The advantage of PayPal over these listed brands is their length of service and the overall diversity of the payment method across a wide selection of industries and markets. Its security protocols are first-class, ensuring that all money movements are legitimately and above-board.
PayPal Casino Verdict
PayPal is a premium product that is the foremost leader in e-wallet solutions. When you play at a PayPal Casino, you can be sure that the site operates in an ethical and manner and that it is suitably licensed to offer its services to you.
All PayPal Casinos uphold the best security protocols, certify their game software, and practice first-class responsible gambling protocols. In short, if PayPal is accepted by an online operator, you can bet your bottom dollar that the casino is a reputable establishment.