Online slot games are by far the most popular casino games globally, and that trend remains intact in Ireland. While we at Livecasinos.ie specialise in live casino games, we cannot ignore the fact that most of the top-rated live casinos in our region offer online slots as part of their exciting line-ups.
In fact, you can capitalise on some tremendous slot bonuses at most casino operators to help you get off to a flying start.
After reading our Online Slots main page and getting to know a little more about these types of games, you may be wanting to play. Before you do that, you will need to come to terms with the unique rules involved in the actual passage of play.
With this ‘Rules’ guide, we hope to help you get started in no time!
What is the Unique Jargon Involved in Playing Slot Games?
The terms associated with the game are important to learn. Slot gaming has some very specific jargon incorporated into the gameplay. Below is a list of the most popular terms you are likely to come across:
- Spin: Each game round is determined by a spin of the rollers on the screen, therefore each game round is referred to as a ‘Spin’.
- Symbols: Each slot game is made up of a list of specific symbols that land on the screen after each spin. Lining these icons up on a payline will provide you with wins.
- Reels: Reels are the vertical rollers that contain symbols on them. These reels spin at the start of every round. When they stop, the reels are evaluated for wins.
- Paylines: A payline is a pattern that crosses the reels to determine where matching symbols should fall to award you. If you land matching combinations of symbols over this payline, you will be rewarded in accordance with the prizes listed on the paytable.
- Paytable: A paytable lists all the combinations possible in a game along with the value of the wins for each combo.
- Stake/Bet: The amount of money you wager on a specific spin of the reels. The value of the combination is usually multiplied by the bet to determine the value of the win. The more you bet, the more you are likely to win.
- Bet Per Line: Your reward is paid out in accordance with how much each payline is worth. Divide your total stake by the number of paylines in the game to determine this statistic.
- Jackpot: This is the highest possible payout on a single payline. The jackpot on most video slots is payable when you land a full row (normally 5) of the highest value symbols across a single payline.
- Scatter Pays: Unique scatter symbols can land on any position on the reels in numbers of three or more to provide you with awesome wins worth several times your total stake.
There may be some more terms that you come across while playing, but when you know the basic principles behind the above-listed words, the others will automatically make sense.
What is the Aim of the Game When Playing Slots?
When playing slots, you will want to land 3 or more matching symbols on adjacent reels across a set paylines, from the left-most position on the reels to the right. The value of the symbol combination will be multiplied by your stake to provide you with a winning payout.
With ‘’All Ways Pays’’ slots, there is no need for pay patterns, instead, you simply land matching symbols across adjacent reels in any position to claim favourable rewards. This makes winning far easier.
Try and stay in the game until you trigger the main bonus round, as this is where the best rewards are won.
Should I Play Different Types of Slots Differently?
Playing slot games is super-easy. While the principles are similar across the board, mechanics can be unique from one type of slot to the next. Here is a list of the three most-commonly found slot games and what you can expect when encountering them.
- Video Slots: These games are usually played with 10 or more paylines over 5 or more reels. Traditionally, they come in various exciting themes, which keeps the offerings interesting and engaging. When playing these types of games, be aware that the number of paylines that you can play in a single spin may be adjustable. As such, this will influence the way in which you place your bets.
- Classic Slots: Usually played over 3 reels, the game is typically the easiest to play of all slots, as there are fewer bonuses and features offered. Simple passage of play can be followed when playing Classic Slots.
- Progressive Jackpot Slots: These are some of the most sought-after games, as they produce the best rewards when the ideal symbols land. The jackpot prize continuously builds until it is won, often awarding sums of money that will change your life for the better. It is important to note that the top-prizes in these games are usually afforded when you activate the jackpot bonus game. Otherwise, the gameplay mechanics match that of other video slots.
Choosing your type of slot game comes down to your preference of style and gameplay. There are avid fans and punters of each unique style segment at online casinos.
How Do I Play Online Slot Games?
The passage of play on most slot machines is usually very simple and straight-forward. Once you have read through the paytable and noted the specific rules applicable to the game you are playing, you can proceed with the gameplay.
- We advise all newcomers to slot games to make use of an exciting slot bonus to boost their bankroll. This way, you can use the bonus credits and free spins to fund most of your playing.
- Once you have made your first deposit and claimed the bonus, search for your game of choice by navigating effortlessly using the tabs at the top of your favourite Irish-friendly casino page.
- As soon as the game is loaded up, adjust your wager to suit your budget. Most modern games will supply you with a total stake display so you can easily manage your bankroll better.
- Now that you’ve staked your wager, you can simply press the ‘Spin’ button to get the reels rolling.
- Once the reels have come to a result, the game will pay you following any wins that may have landed in the round.
- If you would prefer the computer to handle the gameplay for you, most top-rated slots will allow you to activate ‘Auto Play’. Simply toggle the special feature and set the number of spins the machine should roll for you. Then, sit back and relax and watch the fun unfold in front of you on the screen.
Unlike other games of skill, there is very little complication when it comes to playing slots. There are also some handy ways for you to raise your odds for optimal gameplay. For more information and tips for the best ways to stay ahead while playing slots, please visit our Online Slots – Strategy Page.